New job…excited!

Only ten more sleeps until I begin my new job at Queensland University of Technology!

I’ll be working as a Lecturer in the School of Cultural and Language Studies in Education, which will entail doing some research (not sure what yet, but I have some ideas up my sleeve…) and teaching tutorials for two English Curriculum Studies courses, as well as a general education course in socio-cultural theory.

In honour of my new job, and because I don’t have a web-profile yet, I will share with you my new bio:

Kelli McGraw is a Lecturer in Secondary English Curriculum at the Queensland University of Technology.  She has been an English teacher in South Western Sydney and worked in primary and high schools across NSW to develop students’ skills in debating and public speaking.  Her work with the English Teachers Association and the Australian Association for the Teaching of English has focussed on issues relating to curriculum and assessment, including providing feedback during the development of the Australian Curriculum for English, and she has recently completed her doctoral thesis on the innovations and challenges observed in the implementation of the 1999 HSC English syllabus for NSW.  Kelli’s research interests centre on curriculum change, as well as developing teachers’ capacity to explore multimodality and digital learning tools in the English classroom.

OK, so I haven’t technically “recently completed my doctoral thesis” (only two months to go, hooray!!!) but hey, how soon will I be using the bio?  C’mon…

Wish me luck!

About these ads
  1. #1 by Melissa Kennedy on June 21, 2010 - 7:20 pm

Congratulations! This is wonderful news. What an exciting opportunity. Good luck.
    Best wishes
    Melissa

2. #2 by durk94 on June 21, 2010 - 7:35 pm

Wow. Nice work and a big congrats.

3. #3 by Troy on June 21, 2010 - 7:38 pm

Wow…Cheers! Sounds perfect. Hope it doesn’t make you too busy…

• #4 by kmcg2375 on June 22, 2010 - 12:27 pm

Methinks it is bound to make me very busy, but after PhD writing and full-time school teaching at the same time, I can’t see how much crazier things can get…still plenty of time for project collaboration and sharing!

4. #5 by Darcy Moore on June 21, 2010 - 8:39 pm

Excellen, exciting news! I am looking forward to your insights, Kelli!

5. #6 by Mark O'Sullivan on June 22, 2010 - 12:09 am

Hey, Kelli – that’s brilliant news. It’s a huge pity, though, that NSW teachers won’t be trained through your insights. Oh, well, NSW’s loss is Qld’s gain. That is, unless UWS can make a Israel Folau-style offer for you.

6. #7 by kmcg2375 on June 22, 2010 - 12:26 pm

Thanks everyone :D

Mark, I like to think of myself as trans-state ;) But, if a footballer’s wage is on the table…well, we’ll talk then!

7. #8 by Kaylene McCormick on June 23, 2010 - 4:09 pm

Congratulations on the new job. So we wont see you around the halls of Macquarie Fields High any time soon then. Good luck, hope it goes well. New bio is great. Good luck finishing the thesis.

8. #9 by Libbie on June 24, 2010 - 12:35 pm

Congratulations Kelli!! That’s great news for you. I hope the new position and the PhD all go well :D