Archive for July, 2009
Came across this excellent animated lecture by Daniel Floyd on Jawbone.tv. Perfect for an introduction to narrative in videogames for my Year 9 class. I think I’ll make a listening task for it – will post it up if I do.
For those of you out there who are about to receive (or are lucky enough to have already received!) one of the NSW DET issue Lenovo Laptops, this list of Twitter contacts may help you build your Personal Learning Network.
The following is a list of Twitter users that wove their hands about with great enthusiasm when asked who wanted to discuss and share resources for teaching with the new laptops:
- @kmcg2375 – Kelli McGraw (that’s me! English teacher, South West Sydney)
- @TroyM7 – Troy Martin (English teacher, Hunter/Central Coast)
- @pryorcommitment – Roger Pryor (S.E.D., Hunter/Central Coast)
- @piphowell – Pip Howell (NSW DET, Hunter/Central Coast)
- @SimonBorgert – Simon Borgert (Head Teacher Maths, North Coast)
- @simonjob – Simon Job (Maths teacher, Western Sydney)
- @melissagiddins – Melissa Giddins (Head Teacher English, Sydney)
- @stuhasic – Stu Hasic (DET tech. advisor, Sydney)
- @Lofts1964 – Denise Lofts (Deputy Principal, Sydney)
- @paulwils7 – Paul Wilson (Technology teacher, North Sydney)
- @vmarchant – V Marchant (eLearning facilitator, Illawarra/South Coast)
- @lyntiernan – Lyn Tiernan (Head Teacher English, Casino HS)
- @liamalexander – Stephen Alexander (Technology Teacher, Sydney)
You can join Twitter and start following these excellent people at http://twitter.com/
If you’d like to be added to this expanding list, add a comment with your twitter username and some info about your role and region. There seems to be a lot happening in the Hunter/Central Coast region, surely the rest of us can give them a run for their money 😉
Also let us all know if there are networks springing up in other spaces – for example, English teachers can now join the Teaching English with Laptops ‘Ning’, a site specifically focussed on using the laptops in the English classroom.